Friday, August 26, 2011

The Unknown.

Current music selection 

Gold in the Shadow (entire album) via William Fitzsimmons [[Thanks to Luke Montgomery for the introduction and Tyler Shockey for the compact disc]]
Current state of mind 

Agog

Current thoughts 

My own exploration of online narrative has been initiated. It is time for a change; not the ‘change’ Obama spouted about. This change is intentional and primarily directed toward my comrades (past, present, and future). I have long been guilty of negligence: I’ve left many e-mails, Facebook messages, and phone calls from dear friends without reply. . .sometimes months after their attempt to connect. I bet if you’re reading this you have probably been a victim of the delinquency I speak of. It’s not that I am lackadaisical and disinterested in the relationships I’ve been privileged to have, even though the time I’ve allowed to lapse before I’ve sufficiently answered would lead many to believe otherwise. The truth is I stay busy, live very much in the moment, and have a hard time personally justifying hours of inefficient, individually-directed writing. Perhaps this blog will alleviate my guilty conscience by providing a streamlined medium to share my daily activities and musings with the ones I love. I cannot provide; hence, will not guarantee, a litany of clever, riveting posts. I can, however, deliver personal snippets from my days lived. AND. If we get lucky, there’s a possibility I might have something witty to say or something beautiful to share on occasion. Bear with me. I have no theme selected for this public journal of sorts, and I hope that does not doom this endeavor from the start. I guess I’ll make an effort to put my perfectionism aside and take a leap into the unknown. . .to cross a new bridge and see what I discover. 


I took this picture on a bridge going into Sacramento. I had moved to California for a summer--an internally transformative experience. In a similar vein, I hope this reflective online record is transformative, as well as informational for those who care. 


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones