Monday, August 29, 2011

Seeking Gold

Current music selection 
Lonely Runs Both Ways (entire album) via Alison Krauss and Union Station 
Current state of mind 
Thankful
Current thoughts
In-between a work meeting and scrambling to finish my PSR paperwork to bill for my hours, I dined on Chinese food at Shon Hing and spent time in a java supplying book store (Alice’s Coffee and Espresso) with an Arizona friend visiting for a few days. The book and coffee shop is a recreational gold mine that combines two of my favorite pastimes. 


Books galore. It was a glorious sight indeed.



Within the walls of books at Alice’s, Daniel and I soul-searched and wrote a list of activities we were interested in experiencing before our lives had fully run their course. We quietly wrote all the pursuits that materialized in our minds for a solid 20 minutes.  After our introspection, we read our lists to each other and discussed them. Not only was this spontaneous diversion fun, it was also highly productive. What’s more, we have concrete goals set to make these desires come to fruition. 


I had the pleasure of viewing an exquisite (fully working) antique espresso machine. 



Toward the end of my stay in Alice’s, I encountered a couple acquaintances. One acquaintance was an EMT I met through shadowing in the ER; I am now scheduled to join said EMT tomorrow at 7:00 A.M. sharp. It’s always exciting to learn, and I am very much looking forward to the day’s events. Given my early morning, this is where I sign off. Much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones