Sunday, August 28, 2011

Work and Play Tug-of-War

Current music selection 

Cease to Begin via Band of Horses 
Current state of mind 

Drowsy, but content nonetheless
Current thoughts

Today was work-filled and sleep deprived. . .a duo I know I should abstain from pairing together often. Even so, sometimes I decide to play regardless of the next day’s engagements (as long as they aren’t too taxing and important).




The recreation ground we used for night games yesterday. So fun.


After a couple hours rest, I woke up and met a very dear old friend of mine at The Upper Crust in Burley for a luncheon date. He was visiting for the day on his yearly expedition through the Northwest. . .Jason is a lucky soul that will be in the Seattle area soon. I wish I could tag along. It was great chatting, though we didn’t have near enough time to catch each other up to speed. In spite of the work schedule I was obligated to adhere to, it was a nice way to break in the day. We both enjoyed the red pepper and Gouda cheese soup. Yum, yum! Dessert followed.


Then came work: espresso-based beverages were served to the caffeine-needy, and a PSR client was seen. In between these two separate jobs I was fortunate enough to witness another Idaho sunset. The breathtaking colors are from Rayleigh scattering. I loved walking out to my car. . .and then standing beside it while I took in the scene. 





And now I seek sleep--I open at 7:45 tomorrow at the coffee shop!! If you live in town, you should come visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones