Friday, September 2, 2011

Playing Catch-up


Current music selection 
Stepping out of a Dream via Nat King Cole 
Current state of mind 
Happy as a clam!
Current thoughts
The past few evenings I’ve been lazy in my blogging; however, not lazy in my living. The  thirtieth (Tuesday)I shadowed in the ER as planned. I then rushed home to lightly pack for a nights stay in Jackpot, Nevada with friends. We enjoyed our overnight break: we played at the craps table, ate plenty, took a dip in the pool, and had some nice conversation in the hot tub. During the Jackpot visit I had attempted to read poolside, but so much uproar from my friends ensued that I eventually tossed any ideas I had of reading out the window. Nevertheless, even with a success of only three pages read out of my current book interest, I still was able to relax the night away. I am not much on gambling large quantities of my hard earned cash, but I do enjoy to toss a little money around now and again. And I always plan on losing said money; so, I never have any regrets playing monetary russian roulette the following morning.  And, of course, any gained money is simply a bonus. 

Early morning in the hotel room. . .before a cajun chicken and spinach crepe breakfast
The thirty-first (Wednesday) and the first (Thursday, obviously) I was a little workhorse. I keep getting new clients in; so, work is steady and full of long hours. I prefer working long hours because these hours allow me to save for my December move to Boise. December couldn’t come sooner. 
Yesterday I discovered my tiny pomegranate bonsai tree is actually producing pomegranates for the first time! These little fruits give my tree character; plus, my tree has finally lived up to its given name. I was beginning to wonder if it’d ever be fruitful. I am shocked that I’ve kept a plant alive this long, too. Indoor plants usually die from neglect or ignorance on my part. . .I’ve been working to change this. If I ever hope of succeeding at gardening one day (which I do), I must pay more careful attention to the vegetation in my care. 


The pomegranates are cute little entities.


My father formed this mini-tree decor from some spare copper wire. It's a friendly addition for my bonsai. 

While I was away from blogging, I also found time to pick some apricots from Bret and Brandon’s apricot tree; I’ve been dehydrating them.

One bowl (of two) from a ten minute apricot tree visit.

High energy snacks in-the-making (thanks to Bret and Brandon for the permission to forage)

Seeds. . .after the fact.

Last night my two sisters (Tara and Jessy) and I conversed while we enjoyed a cheap bottle of tempranillo wine. The wine is of Spaniard origin and is made from fermented black grapes. The wine, albeit inexpensive, was delicious and seemingly potent. We each only needed one glass. I think we’ll polish off the bottle tonight. ;) 


If you partake of wine, this bottle has my favorable recommendation.
Tomorrow my two jobs have me fully scheduled. I open the coffee shop at 6:45 in the morning and have PSR obligations in the evening. I see two clients back-to-back for two and a half hours apiece. I’ve already formed bonds with my current clients; I really love working with them. I feel very blessed to be able to get to know them so well and play a positive role in their life. Not only are they my clients, they’re quickly becoming my friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your desire to have a better green thumb! That's so awesome how you have a pomegranate tree.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones