Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Weekend Conquered: Quality Time with a Gamut of Friends


Current music selection 
Black Holes & Revelations via Muse
Current state of mind 
Industrious. 
Current thoughts
I’ve allowed some time to pass [[exactly a week]] since my last post. . .it happens. 
Thursday was dedicated to an unfortunate bodily assault from the influenza virus. I was not a happy camper during those Thursday hours, nor did I rest much. I whole-heartedly believe that viruses are a pointless nuisance, unless you count tormenting and burdening a genuine reason for existence. What a waste of a day. It’s a shame. 
Picking some fresh corn [[yes, I had permission]] before I felt the full-fledged effects of the virus raid 
Friday evening my body was mostly rid of its transgressor; so, I made a mini-trip to Boise. The first night I stayed in Kuna with an old friend: the very bright and winsome Sara Brooks. We sipped wine, ate a delicious garlic chicken dinner, watched Idiocracy, and conversed till the early morning hours. Daybreak came swiftly, and both Sara and I woke up surprisingly early considering our late bedtime. Sara spoiled me with delectable cuisine upon waking [[for the umpteenth time. . .thanks, Mrs. Brooks, for being such an exquisite kitchen slave]]. I loved every second of our togetherness; I cannot wait to live closer to such a great girlfriend. Her social-butterfly daughter is a doll, too. I know I will take complete advantage of Sara and her family being a stone’s throw away from me beginning in December. <3 <3
My morning meal topped off with that day’s homemade raspberry jam
Saturday was lazily beautiful:

I thoughtfully leafed through books at Barnes and Noble, which eventually led me to an incredible anatomy hard-cover read. 
Yes, I am now the proud owner of this fine, potential-coffee-table book. 
Saturday night I decided to stay in a hotel by myself for the first time; I found it peaceful.  I’ll definitely make a point to do that again. 

One of my many bags. I pack heavy often--I like to be prepared and comfortable. 

I was lucky enough to attend a relaxed barbecue at my fun-loving friend’s apartment. I watched my first football game on television: Notre Dame vs. Michigan. I was cheering on the fighting Irish based off of a ridiculous whim. I was pretty bummed when my chosen team lost moments before the game’s ending--it was a lamentable defeat. I realize when you settle on a team, you give that team quite a bit of power to disappoint or uplift you depending on their performance. Once you commit, no matter how silly the reason, that allegiance is hard to relinquish.
A reason I’ll miss summertime.

I'm forever a carnivore.
The football game on screen--a novel experience [[for me]].
Gray, Brock [[Gray’s brother]] and Clinton [[Gray’s friend]] have a mannequin in their apartment. It startled me initially as I thought some eerie individual was lurking in the corner. I think I need to give her some new threads to don. . .you know, something classy. 

Lucky boys: they have an legit female model for a roommate. She needs to be schooled on accessorizing, however. 
Saturday evening was also blessed with a nighttime bicycle ride on the greenbelt, through downtown Boise and throughout North-end. Gray was a fantastic tour-guide [[Thanks a ton, Gray]]; I now have a savvy sense of direction which has been lacking. 

A pleasant scene from the greenbelt

Saturday’s finale ended with me in my hotel room reading a little via book light while listening to Ben Howard’s Old Pine on repeat. I cannot get enough of this song [[I’m super glad my wonderful friend Jason, a.k.a. music guru, introduced me to Ben Howard]]. 
I greeted Sunday morning by perusing the East-end farmer’s market and enjoying a cappuccino, as well as a wholesome breakfast, at Locavore with my new friend Justin. 

Take me to a farmer’s market any day.

An excellent way to present water to customers, I think.

A God-sent, always [[for a caffeine devotee such as myself, anyway]].
Very much one of my favorite breakfast options
Idaho City visit--if I hadn’t been running on a tight schedule, we would have extended our driving trip an hour and a half longer to Stanley Lake. Next time. 
Following my eventual farewell to Boise, I met my friend Tyler at Starbucks [[surprise, surprise]] to chat a bit. The day had finally cooled, and it was enjoyable sitting outside on the patio furniture. 
As a whole, I had a highly favored weekend, albeit having one delightfully charming person unaccounted for [[Glenn was absent from the Boise area, but thoroughly missed nonetheless]]. 

Ah, the joys of true comradery. 
Now. For Monday, Tuesday, and today. . .I haven’t had downtime other than sleeping a small number of hours Monday night and Tuesday night.  I love working two jobs and want the hours; so, I have no grievances. I am merely stating facts. :) 
The rest of tonight is dedicated to some R and R based on whatever I feel inclined to do. Most likely I am going to paint my nails a new shade, drink chamomile tea, and read my current book of choice. 
Until next time,
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones