Sunday, September 4, 2011

Peacefully Resting


Current music selection 
Literally one song [[the lowest cardinal number :) ]]--Hazy via Rosi Golan and William Fitzsimmons
Current state of mind 
Feeling beautiful and one day wiser 
Current thoughts
Tonight I am intentionally companionless (save for my cats intruding on my party of one--they’re always invited, naturally). It’s the best decision I’ve made all week. My bedroom door is locked, I am indulging with a glass of merlot, my Scentsy is emitting a ginger spice cake aroma for my nose alone, and I am reading a thought-provoking book. Life is perfect.
Said book. 
P.S. Ex-Mrs. Mantis took her last breath today. So, the picture posted of her is from her last living day on Earth. Don’t let my beautiful co-worker’s (Lacie) looks deceive you: she is a cold-blooded killer. ;) I suppose I should have encouraged Jessy to translocate the praying mantis. Too bad I cannot foresee future mishaps. 

P.P.S. I didn't want to finish off my day's blog with a 'Debbie Downer' assertion; so, in the spirit of good cheer, here is a video I am sure you've already viewed a hundred times. . .it's time for a hundred and one: You know you want to click this and forget about the death of Ex-Mrs. Mantis, the short-lived stick insect.


XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, those nights are the best. Everyone needs a party of one sometimes. It's good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones