Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Day's Wages and the Miscellaneous


Current music selection 
It’s Blitz! via Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Current state of mind 
Untroubled and ready to unwind
Current thoughts
Fascinating things occur at work:

We have a praying mantis that has been living on the coffee shop patio furniture for a couple weeks now. Jessy (my youngest sister) is worried it will be injured, but thus far it’s survived. I don't know how to differentiate the sex of this odd creature (and refuse to research it at this lazy hour), but chances are it's a female who's eaten her mate. I just think the male would have withered away and gave up lively existence two weeks ago upon patio furniture arrival. ;) 

Ex-Mrs. Mantis to you. 



A defaced Andrew Jackson bill one customer brought into the coffee shop. I dislike Andrew Jackson, but I must admit the artist rendered some distinguished upper lip hair on the dead president. Props. 

I made friends with a girl while working yesterday: she is also going into the medical field and is lovely to talk to. Today she returned for more coffee and chatting. We realized we have even more in common than previously established. It turns out that she has just started training for a marathon. We are going to start supporting each other and running together. I’ve wanted a running partner with similar fitness for a long while; I’m enthusiastic about this newfound girlfriend. I recognize the importance of having friends going after the same kinds of goals--it’s encouraging. 
I am ready to retire for the evening. I have a nine hour work day tomorrow. There are no complaints here, though!!. . .I’m just in need of a battery recharge. I am waking up at 5:00 AM tomorrow to get in a run at Koko before work. Wish me luck!! 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones